Saturday, January 19, 2013

Introduction

For some reason, I cannot hold myself to a journal. I always sign a contract with myself on my, "okay...it's time for a change" days stating that I will only eat x amount of calories, exercise x amount  a day, dress confidently no matter what my weight is, feed myself through positive self talk and God, and journal. All of these goals go down the drain after about 27 hours. I'm working slowly to make each of them my lifestyle, instead of a "diet" style of life. Rather than feeling like I'm checking off the chore list, I want to feel like I'm finally living life instead of letting life run freely by me while I drag through some deceiving trail confused and in the darkness. 

Journaling will now begin here. I'm going to try this. I find it a lot easier to type my feelings for some reason. And, I also feel like maybe my words have a purpose if someone else is reading them. Who knows if anyone will read this, but if they do, I hope that it serves some positive purpose in their lives. I can't promise this blog will be up lifting, but I can promise that it will be honest, because that is the only reason I've created it; to let my honest word flow be released instead of swirling around in my brain.

I can tell you this blog will mostly be about my struggle with disordered eating, becoming an adult, relationships, and other feelings toward what life is and why we're all on this earth.

Hi, I go by Natalie. I'm 21, and currently working on my undergraduate degree. I love art, music, nature, biographies, sunshine, Zumba, popcorn, God, and counseling others. Words of encouragement are my gift, and I'm working on believing my own advice, as I believe most people are.

This blog has been inspired by Rae and "The Unglamorous World of Eating Disorders." Thanks Rae for sharing your story, because it has inspired me to share mine.

Thank you for reading this :)

--Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment